Thursday, 6 April 2017
An indication that this may be happening is a reduction in the flow of water or abnormal water temperature. For example, if you set the water-temperature control for warm water and get cold water, it indicates that the flow of hot water is being restricted.
To clean out filter screens, shut off the water and unscrew the brass ferrules. Carefully remove the washer in each ferrule and then the screen.
Clean the screen out in a commercial cleaning solvent, if possible. But if calcium deposits do not dissipate, replace the screen.
A common problem afflicting water systems is premature siphoning of water from the machine. This is caused most often by an improper relationship between the drain hose leading from the pump and the so-called standpipe (water drain pipe). In most installations, the standpipe should be positioned higher than the tub.
However, if the washer installation is correct and siphoning action continues, ask a dealer who sells your make of machine whether the manufacturer has issued an anti-siphon kit. With some washers, siphoning is a common problem that can be corrected by installing one of these kits.
Caution: The washer water-inlet valve is not immune to failure. It is possible for the valve to open up and let water flow into the washer although the machine is not in use. Because of this possibility, the faucets serving washing machines are usually outfitted with a shut-off valve(s). Whenever the washing machine is not being used, this valve(s) should be closed. Otherwise you may return from a day's outing to discover a laundry room flooded with water. IN ADDITION TO control devices and a water system, a washing ma-chine possesses a mechanical system. troubleshooting and repairing automatic clothes washers Procedures proceed from the most likely (or easiest to fix) cause of trouble to the least likely (or most difficult).
Cautions: The combination of water and electricity can be lethal. In doing troubleshooting and repairs, where necessary, be sure to pull the line-cord plug from the wall outlet doing the procedure then reconnect the line cord if you need
1. Shut off water valves when• you have to work on components that carry water, such as the water-inlet valve.
2. Before you replace an electrical part that you have diagnosed as being, faulty, see if a loose connection is causing the problem instead.
3. After you replace an electrical component, make sure that the terminals are tightened.
4. Before reconnecting electrical service to the washing machine, check to see that ground wires are connected and tightly secured.
5. Make sure that water connections are secure. If they aren't, water will leak.